Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default How do I uninstall KNOX on my Samsung S4 when the app won't open every time i select it?

Hi,
    I've recently got the update 4.4.2 and I noticed that now whenever i press the power key my phone locks instantly despite "lock instantly with power key" being turned off in my settings. I read up and discovered other people had the same problem because of the security configurations of KNOX.
    I didn't even know I had KNOX but apparently it has appeared along with this update despite the fact that my phone is for personal use and I never asked for the app in the first place!

But i've followed all instructions to attempt to uninstall and whenever I try to launch KNOX it opens but with a samsung message saying "please wait" then just fails and goes back to my home screen.

someone please tell me how to solve this so I can uninstall this stupid KNOX app?!

Thanks.

Default Re: How do I uninstall KNOX on my Samsung S4 when the app won't open every time i select it?

You can not uninstall Knox. It is deeply coded and integrated by Samsung into the new OS updates.

Default Re: How do I uninstall KNOX on my Samsung S4 when the app won't open every time i select it?

Then is it a way to fix it so that you can use Knox again because wen i open it. It say please wait and then go back to my home screen. Please help me!!

My knox has been locked and i would like to unlock it but it says contact your administrator. I have already contacted the administrator and they suggest to uninstall the knox. But my screen has been stucked, it doesn't show anything for uninstall process when i enter in my knox.