Speaker wont work on my HTC One Mini 2

A

AC Question

I am very confused because the volume is up but i get no sound. the earphones work but the internal speaker doesn't. HELP?
-Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone brand new, or did you get it used? Do any sounds ever come through the speaker? And this is a silly question, but you've unplugged the headphones, right?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

kye86

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem no audio at all through speakers only headset such is leading me to belive it's a human error not sure hopefully some one will know what's going on. Other tha. That htc need to fix this model immediately.

sometime

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am on my second phone fresh out the box that does this...usually around midday between 11 and 2 for the first week but is now totally random...if you reset it will work again but only temporarily. It will happen again daily without warning. I've contacted my contract provider and HTC twice now with no luck...they just suggest repair or replace but I don't feel it will solve it as when the phone is freshly turned on it will work fine therefore I will end up with them not finding the problem unless they sit there using it 24 hours which isn't going to happen...I suspect it's software related as there's nothing to indicate any problem. It's totally random when it happens....I'm getting very sick of it...factory reset does not solve it and I've regularly checked for updates

lesleysorrell

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem.. I got the phone brand new yesterday and the speakers won't work.. headphones work and I can hear message tones but when the headphones are out it doesn't play sound.. the song will be playing but with no sound. is there no way of fixing this? I mean it has two speakers I was expecting this phone to have amazing sound.. not no sound!!

Kert Kaelep

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Can't play music with internal speakers. When answering a call it works, but when switching to speaker mode then again no sound. Ringtones and alarms not working also. It is a new phone, two weeks old.

Cheryl Ann Huxley

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem too i have only had my mobile just over a month ago and i have very little volume on my speakers i have tryed everything but no luck i am soo fustrated and annoyed as it is a new phone what can i do ?

Norithai

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times with my HTC One Remix - it is very frustrating and inconvenient. Especially when the speakers won't work in the morning when I need my alarm - I have been late to work a few times because of this.

However, I think I found a working solution for MY phone - not sure how much luck any of you will have, but it is worth a try, no?

In my case, I've found that when I use my headphones and/or audio cable for my car, my speakers won't work - no sound, no ring tones, no alarms. I've not paid too close attention to this, but this seems to be the problem. When your headphone set or audio cable is put in, it mutes all external sounds and transmits them through the headphone speakers or car speakers or whatever you have it plugged into...but when it's unplugged, all external sounds are still muted.

To solve this, I simply turn the phone volume all the way down using the volume buttons on the side of the phone (passed silent to vibrate). Then turn the volume all the way up again and I have external sound. To test it, I always play some music or have my husband call me....

I'm not sure if this will always solve it....but it seems to work for me - even for my husband at times on his Droid Razr Maxx.

Hope this helps.

((now that I have posted a semi-working solution, it's probably no gonna work for me anymore..... I might have just jinxed myself. :-\ ))

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
To solve this, I simply turn the phone volume all the way down using the volume buttons on the side of the phone (passed silent to vibrate). Then turn the volume all the way up again and I have external sound.
That's a bug in the firmware (ROM). If it's happening on devices made by more than one manufacturer, it's most likely a bug that Google introduced. (The underlying operating system is Linux, and that's had audio problems in the past, but not in the past few years.)

htctom666

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Can't play music with internal speakers. When answering a call it works, but when switching to speaker mode then again no sound. Ringtones and alarms not working also. It is a new phone, two weeks old.

I was having the same problem with mine, but this has fixed it.

Many thanks!

Ironically the speakers are actually very good when they decide to work...

Amber Merrett

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem but I found a way to fix it I just restarted the phone which closes all your apps and maybe the amount of apps running was the problem because it reboots your phone it fixes most problems you had whilst it was currently running

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish