Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Kert Kaelep
  • 1 Post By Norithai
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Angry Speaker wont work on my HTC One Mini 2

I am very confused because the volume is up but i get no sound. the earphones work but the internal speaker doesn't. HELP?
    -Thanks

Default Re: Speaker wont work on my HTC One Mini 2

Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone brand new, or did you get it used? Do any sounds ever come through the speaker? And this is a silly question, but you've unplugged the headphones, right?

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

I have the exact same problem no audio at all through speakers only headset such is leading me to belive it's a human error not sure hopefully some one will know what's going on. Other tha. That htc need to fix this model immediately.

I am on my second phone fresh out the box that does this...usually around midday between 11 and 2 for the first week but is now totally random...if you reset it will work again but only temporarily. It will happen again daily without warning. I've contacted my contract provider and HTC twice now with no luck...they just suggest repair or replace but I don't feel it will solve it as when the phone is freshly turned on it will work fine therefore I will end up with them not finding the problem unless they sit there using it 24 hours which isn't going to happen...I suspect it's software related as there's nothing to indicate any problem. It's totally random when it happens....I'm getting very sick of it...factory reset does not solve it and I've regularly checked for updates

To clarify when I call I can hear, with headphones I can hear but when I play music, press speaker, recieve a call etc there's no noise atall till I reset the phone

I'm having the same issue. No ringtone when called. No audio output from phone when playing media files. I get audio fine from Bluetooth or headphones.

I have exactly the same problem.. I got the phone brand new yesterday and the speakers won't work.. headphones work and I can hear message tones but when the headphones are out it doesn't play sound.. the song will be playing but with no sound. is there no way of fixing this? I mean it has two speakers I was expecting this phone to have amazing sound.. not no sound!!

I have the same problem. Can't play music with internal speakers. When answering a call it works, but when switching to speaker mode then again no sound. Ringtones and alarms not working also. It is a new phone, two weeks old.

I turned of the "Fast boot" from the power settings. Turned phone off and on. Now speakers work !!! If that doesn't work try booting in Safe Mode.
    andrewpom and B. Diddy like this.

Turned fast boot off and mine seems ok as well now!?

I'm having the same problem with my HTC One M8. Has anyone found the solution for this?
    Please reply immediately!
    Thank You!

Need help with this too. My remix is acting up

Angry Re: Speaker wont work on my HTC One Mini 2

i have the same problem too i have only had my mobile just over a month ago and i have very little volume on my speakers i have tryed everything but no luck i am soo fustrated and annoyed as it is a new phone what can i do ?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I am very confused because the volume is up but i get no sound. the earphones work but the internal speaker doesn't. HELP?
    -Thanks

Great phone but I have had the same issue. Fast boot off and it works again.

I've had this happen a few times with my HTC One Remix - it is very frustrating and inconvenient. Especially when the speakers won't work in the morning when I need my alarm - I have been late to work a few times because of this.

However, I think I found a working solution for MY phone - not sure how much luck any of you will have, but it is worth a try, no?

In my case, I've found that when I use my headphones and/or audio cable for my car, my speakers won't work - no sound, no ring tones, no alarms. I've not paid too close attention to this, but this seems to be the problem. When your headphone set or audio cable is put in, it mutes all external sounds and transmits them through the headphone speakers or car speakers or whatever you have it plugged into...but when it's unplugged, all external sounds are still muted.

To solve this, I simply turn the phone volume all the way down using the volume buttons on the side of the phone (passed silent to vibrate). Then turn the volume all the way up again and I have external sound. To test it, I always play some music or have my husband call me....

I'm not sure if this will always solve it....but it seems to work for me - even for my husband at times on his Droid Razr Maxx.

Hope this helps.

((now that I have posted a semi-working solution, it's probably no gonna work for me anymore..... I might have just jinxed myself. ))
    Nia Christian likes this.

Global Posts
    19,804 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Norithai View Post
    To solve this, I simply turn the phone volume all the way down using the volume buttons on the side of the phone (passed silent to vibrate). Then turn the volume all the way up again and I have external sound.
    That's a bug in the firmware (ROM). If it's happening on devices made by more than one manufacturer, it's most likely a bug that Google introduced. (The underlying operating system is Linux, and that's had audio problems in the past, but not in the past few years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kert Kaelep View Post
    I have the same problem. Can't play music with internal speakers. When answering a call it works, but when switching to speaker mode then again no sound. Ringtones and alarms not working also. It is a new phone, two weeks old.
    I was having the same problem with mine, but this has fixed it.

Many thanks!

Ironically the speakers are actually very good when they decide to work...

I had this problem but I found a way to fix it I just restarted the phone which closes all your apps and maybe the amount of apps running was the problem because it reboots your phone it fixes most problems you had whilst it was currently running

I had the same problem then I turned fast boot of then turned phone off the on and speakers have worked fine eversince

I seriously got this phone yesterday and now the speakers won't work. I'm a big music person and I also make music and this doesn't help me at all. Do I return the phone and get a new one?

The same happens with mine all the time after I plug in my headphones. In order for your speakers to work again you must restart the phone after every time you use your headphones. Mine no longer has this issue though because I accidentally dropped it into the toilet and it now works perfectly fine.

Default Re: Speaker wont work on my 4.4.2 tab;et

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    -Thanks

Great answer, this worked. Find fast boot under preferences->power.