Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anti Screen Burn Apps

A Bugatti owner wrote to the factory complaining of a fault in his car. Ettore Bugatti himself is said to have written back "See that it does not happen again!"
    What can WE do to see that OLED screen burn doesn't happen? I've seen shocking burn in retailers' display phones but they're on all the time. Do the apps work and return the screen to normal or is burn the beginning of the end?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Anti Screen Burn Apps

Screen burn-in is unlikely to be an issue for most users, because most of us won't have the screen on for hours on end, on the same screen, without any real variation. If the phone is plugged in, you could always set it up to Daydream after a certain interval, which acts as a screensaver.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Anti Screen Burn Apps

I'm fairly new to smart phones...just over three months...and from what I read when starting you'd think OLED screens were a horror to be avoided; but then there are negative comments about almost anything. I noticed faint ghosting yesterday under the main screen when scrolling on my month-old Lumia 1020 (oops, but I've got Android as well) but nothing bad, nor permanent. It gets only light use. Manufacturers make OLEDs so they must have the same confidence in them as Bugatti with his cars.

Posted via Android Central App