Htc one m7 won't turn on

A

AC Question

Hi I'm in really desperate need for help. Last night my htc died and I plugged it in and as it was charging a bootloader menu came up (I've must've pressed some buttons on accident) it gave me some options like fast boot and factory reset and power down well I chose power down thinking I can turn it back on but it completely shut down when I try to charge it there's no red led light or any sign that it is still alive I really need help turning it back on I've tried almost everything but nothing seems to work what do you guys think ?:(

TheHighestFive

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I haven't a clue where AC Question disappeared to. But I'm having the same problem. Only difference is I never got a bootloader screen. My phone got really, really warm today. I would even say hot. I just assumed it was because I was walking around in the sun with it in my pocket. Next thing I know, my battery is plumetting. Going from 30% to dead in about 5 minutes. Wifi and Mobile Data were off and the screen was asleep. I figured "hey dead phone is dead phone. Just gotta get it on the charger." When I go to plug it in, it refuses to charge. No flashing red LED to show a charge. I've tried holding down the power button, power + vol down, power + vol up, and power + vol up + vol down for over five minutes each time and nothing happened. I even tried this little trick of how to reset the battery I've read on multiple other forums about holding down all the buttons/power + vol down (I did both) while shining a bright light into the sensor. I held it in front of a desk lamp. Still nothing. I haven't flashed any new roms, themes or gapp zips in well over a week. I do know I didn't disable fastboot. I just found out it causes this issue today. Any ideas on how I can get my phone back on?

I was thinking about trying to acquire a wall adapter that has a 2 amp output as opposed to mine which is 1 amp to sort of jump start it. Wait until it gets to about 15%, then put it back on the charger it came with.

Pe Bo

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem as TheHighestFive and would love to see a response from an android / HTC one guru.

Incidentally, this use of light on the proximity sensor while pushing the power button (with or without the volume down button) doesn't work for my problem.

Last edited:

Dicky Chan

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I too have this problem just today... i just keep it in my pocket for the whole day when i was working. The moment i took it out to check some stuff, it was turned off and i thought might be out of battery. But when i plugged it in the charger, nothing happens... no red light, nothing at all... AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maryyann91

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,..i have htc one m7 ,yesterday when i took the phone out of the pocket , i see the phone is off , i try to turn on ,but nothing ...after i put to charge but that red LED not working ,..i try to keep press power+volume up , after power+volume down ,after all together ,..but nothing ,.please someone to help me ,i'm so desperate

Zeb Muller

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem here, i flashed cyanogenmod 11 the previous day and everything worked fine, i charged it overnight and when i took it off in the morning and played some music, it started getting really hot, by 9:30 it had 20% battery left and it was dead when i next checked it. It was hot the whole time until it ran out of battery, now it is plugged into the wall, there is no LED showing the phone is charging, and it will not go into boot loader or anything, i have tried holding power button and both volume buttons for 2 mins, same in front of bright light for about 30 seconds, and all other variations of buttons but none will work. someone PLEASE HELP!!!

azizposts

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Without any warm or heat issues, the phone just died when it was recording a video. The battery seemed to have been depleted, probably! After trying all the fixes including exactly those you mentioned, I reached the same dead end. I called HTC for repair and they stayed on the phone asking to do the hard reset again. When it did not work they asked to send it over to them. They concluded it needed repair for $200 as it the motherboard that had the problem! I got the phone from TMobile; the warranty expired by 12 month and I had the phone for 15 month now. All the $600+ spent on the phone were wasted! I decided not to spend another $200 on it, and told HTC you sold defective phones to me and to all those who had the same problem and they are so many on the web. If it is the motherboard, i.e. hardware, you should have made a recall to fix it at no charge to consumers, i.e. similar to all those car dealers. If I had the time, I would have pressed for a class-action lawsuit against HTC similar to those guys who did the same to Apple few weeks ago; or at least I would file for complain with the federal Consumer Protection Agency. Think of how many people spent their money on these HTC phones unaware that the phone components are cheap or will decay or fail far sooner than two years. I will never buy from this company again.

santa6

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my M7. When I hold the power button for 20-30 seconds I get the buzz, but then nothing happens - screen stays black. If I do it again, or continue to hold the power button after the buzz, the back arrow and home icon start flashing in white. Tried with and without wall charger plugged in. Battery was well charged before this happened.

Help

jbully

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
having very similar problem. I made a call on m7 this morning ok, put phone on charge to top up before going to work. 20 mins later picked up phone to find black screen problem. Tried powering up under a bright light to no avail BUT could just make out a number when holding screen v. close to light. Think it was a time digit but very difficult to see.Tried various power up/down options. Tried phoning it and got a ring tone. Was able to guess where answer button is and phone worked, still black display. Last night I put wifi analyzer app on and used it ok, 3 days ago I put sky map on and used ok. Phone was 3/4 charged when I put it on to top up. Currently got green light flashing from unanswered call. I wonder if I let the battery go flat and go for a recharge might help? Running out of ideas so help needed.

bobbycharles884

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Htc one wont come on or charge under warranty now that they got the phone they said not and they cant get the phone on without 200.00 billed to me to get it back on a rip off cause hundreds of htc one owners have had the same problems and most of them get there phones on after doing some tricks but this is the company just want money from their own defects with battery specific and goes to safety mode so l going to raise cain and if they don't fix it can anyone help

sarahxoxosky

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem at the moment, it's happened to me before but last time I just left it on charge for like 2 days since it still wasn't responding. Then suddenly it just started charging. I really loved the HTC One m7, But starting to consider buying a new phone. Probably the HTC One m9 when it comes out in March this year.

chandlerbing57

May 24, 2015
Visit site
same problem here... they diagnosed my phone at the service center , they said it'll cost me 17,500rupees ($275). Then I showed it at a local repair shop . He said there's an internal problem of the motherboard due to which there's no power supply to the phone. After researching i found out this problem was very common after using the phone for about 18 months. HTC is a ****load of a company which sells defective low quality products. Someone in power please take some action against this. I had put all my savings in this phone & now it's just a really costly paperweight.

Relu Has

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I manage to turn my phone on by charging on my laptop.I use usb 3.0 port and my usb cable. I pressed Power button and volume down and my phone started showing 1%. After full charging i can use my wall charger. I suppose that the battery goes under minimum charging capacity.

Uriel Bernal

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
i totally agree man i noticed mostly everyone has the same problem. hell even with the m9 someone has to open a case on this. this is unfair i to had put my.savings on to this **** phone only had it for 5 months man

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908