Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Data Background Usage

Hi,

I am experiencing some background data usage by Google services and android OS, im using a S4 Galaxy. I have monitored the usage and it seems they send data in small amount at different intervals which if combined with the operator charges of 200kb/1cent does eat up my phone credit in a matter of days.

What i would like to know is can this be done on WiFi or does it only work on mobile data? And is there a fixed schedule for these data updates or backup?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Data Background Usage

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hi,

I am experiencing some background data usage by Google services and android OS, im using a S4 Galaxy. I have monitored the usage and it seems they send data in small amount at different intervals which if combined with the operator charges of 200kb/1cent does eat up my phone credit in a matter of days.

What i would like to know is can this be done on WiFi or does it only work on mobile data? And is there a fixed schedule for these data updates or backup?
    Well, This back ground data consumption is just because of the Google Play services application updating the services for you. I don't think that there is any method to stop it from eating data in the back ground. I'll say instead of thinking too much about it try switching to the unlimited data plan.

Default Re: Data Background Usage

Agree with preceding post except I think you should be able to delve into Settings and set background data updates to wifi-only. On a few occasions I've noticed great bursts of background data but normally the amounts are modest.

Posted via Android Central App