Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Phone won't function correctly anymore..

I have a Samsung Captivate Glide.

For the past few hours, it's been unable to connect to my network or my wifi, except during the first few seconds after I reboot it (I've already done this multiple times). If I try to use it at all, it gives me a message that says "Process system is not responding [Force Close] or [Wait]". Sometimes, the message doesn't pop up at all, and instead, the phone flashes white for a split second before going black. If I wait a few seconds after that, my lock screen shows up, and if I unlock the phone, it takes me back to my home screen. All the apps and processes that were running prior to this happening are closed (almost like the phone restarted itself, but the Samsung screen didn't show up).

I'm trying to think of what may have caused this. All the apps I've recently downloaded have been scanned and cleared by Lookout.
    However a few hours back, I was browsing on Next Browser when a message popped up saying something along the lines of "(4) viruses found. Please exit the page or risk losing all your photos." (because of the style of the pop-up, I'm pretty sure it was coming from Next Browser, and not the site I was viewing).

Also, the phone feels really hot to the touch. Normally it stays generally cool.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Phone won't function correctly anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by prokathinator View Post
    I have a Samsung Captivate Glide.

For the past few hours, it's been unable to connect to my network or my wifi, except during the first few seconds after I reboot it (I've already done this multiple times). If I try to use it at all, it gives me a message that says "Process system is not responding [Force Close] or [Wait]". Sometimes, the message doesn't pop up at all, and instead, the phone flashes white for a split second before going black. If I wait a few seconds after that, my lock screen shows up, and if I unlock the phone, it takes me back to my home screen. All the apps and processes that were running prior to this happening are closed (almost like the phone restarted itself, but the Samsung screen didn't show up).

I'm trying to think of what may have caused this. All the apps I've recently downloaded have been scanned and cleared by Lookout.
    However a few hours back, I was browsing on Next Browser when a message popped up saying something along the lines of "(4) viruses found. Please exit the page or risk losing all your photos." (because of the style of the pop-up, I'm pretty sure it was coming from Next Browser, and not the site I was viewing).

Also, the phone feels really hot to the touch. Normally it stays generally cool.

Try switching the Antivirus off and then again try connecting over the wifi network, it looks lookout is feeding you up with some problems. Try using some other antivirus like 360 .... etc and then try connecting.