Help. Security App Not Renewed Yet Locked Both Handsets

A

AC Question

Hello. Over the weekend I tried to uninstall an unused/outdated Kaspersky app off my old Sony Xperia U to simply update it and use it to use as a spare. Somewhere along the line I have been told (by Kasperski) that I must have hit the wrong option re Device Administrator? To be honest I do vaguely recall seeing this. Despite having not renewed my Kaspersky subscription for my main phone (Orange/EE Sony Xperia T LT30p) I awoke this morning totally bemused and puzzled to find it blocked from making calls/sending texts. (Over the phone) Kaspersky said to do a factory reset and all would be okay however, having done this it still blocks outgoing calls and will not send texts. Furthermore 'My Kaspersky' account shows 'no devices on record' (which is correct!). I am now awaiting their reply via email as I cannot afford another tel call. To sum-up. As I understand it Kaspersky has locked this device even though my subscription ceased some weeks ago and I had successfully uninstalled their app from my current (expensive for me) phone which was working great! I now have two phones, well one Xperia U ready for recycling and my Xperia T both totally useless. Am I not doing a correct factory re-set? etc etc etc.......? Please excuse my rather limited tech knowledge but can you offer any help/advise. Ta

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Many times, apps like this need to be given Administrator rights to the device. They can be found in Settings>Security>Device Administrators.
As for what to do to fix your mobile signal I am not sure. Have you tried contacting your carrier on what you can do?