Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Dropped my Google Nexus 5 on hard surface and its not not working. What can I do?

After I dropped it, I picked it up and started checking if it was still working. It worked for half a minute or so and then all of a sudden some pixels of the screen turned red and green and the touch wasn't working. I pressed the turn off button and when the turn off menu came on the touch was working for about 2 seconds and then stopped working. I pressed the turn off button again and the same thing was happening. Then I turned off the phone. I turned it back on and the initial Google welcome screen and loading screens were working just fine. Then when my phone came back to the home screen, the same problems occurred again. When I wanted to turn off the phone the turn off menu appeared but the screened turned black before even I could turn the phone off. All of a sudden the bottom of the phone was extremely hot to the point that it felt the phone would be in flames. I didn't do anything to the phone for a few hours and then pressed the turn off/on button on the side of the phone, the screen was still black but the bottom of the phone was painfully hot once again(especially the area where there is a bulb underneath that turns blue to indicate notifications). I pressed the turn off/on button again and the bottom of the phone was no longer feeling heated. I'm not even sure if the phone is of so I'm really scared of opening up or trying to charge it to see what happens. Anyone go through something like this before? Plus I'm traveling so I don't think can replace this phone as I'm away from my Canadian provider.

Global Posts
    31,319 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Dropped my Google Nexus 5 on hard surface and its not not working. What can I do?

Welcome to the forums.
    You may need to send it off for repair. I would look at getting an inexpensive replacement device to use until you get back home to send it in.