GT-N8013 KitKat Update

tnerb123

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So its been almost 7 months since Samsung said they are updating the note 10.1. All other variants of the tablet except the gt-n8013 have been updated. And they were updated months ago. Its not looking good for this table getting the update.

yogib737

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I am tired of buying samsung products only to not be able to upgrade to a newer OS. I have the N8013 and no update in site. I am upset and I am going to contact them. I was on chat and was going to get pushed to higher up and the chat timed out.. which is wrong

azothstone

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: GT-N8013 KitKat Update will not be provided by Samsung

I just spoke with a tech representative from Samsung's Wi-Fi tablets department (USA/South Carolina) . The call had been escalated through the executive customer relations department of Samsung.

Samsung will not be providing any Android OS updates for the GT-N8013.

They stated that it is Google's responsibility to update the OS. I did note that this was a bit strange, but they held to that statement.

I suspect this means that if you want to update, you will have to root the machine, and find a rom on your own. Samsung will not have your back!

I think I will go with NEXUS or ASUS in the future. I will probably also avoid their TVs also since computer chips are a central feature of these systems nowadays.

Brian Goldstein

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I just called Samsung today....The rep said the 8013 is still going to get Kitkat.....I had him ask a senor person there, after being on hold for the next 10 minutes while he asked. He came back on and said yes the 8013 will get the update...so who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze