Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 dropping calls

I have had a Galaxy S3 for just over a year. First through Sprint then changed to Verizon. It was great at first but then it started dropping calls really bad. I cant hold a phone conversation for more than 5 minuets most days. I have had a new one sent to me but it does the same thing. I have also changed out the SIM card and checked to make sure it wasn't on global network. Right where I live I don't get the best service (a few bars of 3g) but I feel like I should still be able to have a phone conversation. It even drops calls out of the blue with full bars and 4G. Wifi works perfect and I cant send texts without a problem. I've tried changing cases, talking on the phone without a case.... nothing I try seems to work. HELP!!!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 dropping calls

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type, and select 3G. Maybe since you seem to be on the cusp of 3G/4G reception, it keeps switching on you. When I think about this more, it shouldn't make a difference, though, because Verizon uses CDMA for voice, not LTE (unless you're in an area that is experimenting with VoLTE). But it won't hurt to try.