Samsung Galaxy S3 dropping calls
I have had a Galaxy S3 for just over a year. First through Sprint then changed to Verizon. It was great at first but then it started dropping calls really bad. I cant hold a phone conversation for more than 5 minuets most days. I have had a new one sent to me but it does the same thing. I have also changed out the SIM card and checked to make sure it wasn't on global network. Right where I live I don't get the best service (a few bars of 3g) but I feel like I should still be able to have a phone conversation. It even drops calls out of the blue with full bars and 4G. Wifi works perfect and I cant send texts without a problem. I've tried changing cases, talking on the phone without a case.... nothing I try seems to work. HELP!!!
- 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 dropping calls
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type, and select 3G. Maybe since you seem to be on the cusp of 3G/4G reception, it keeps switching on you. When I think about this more, it shouldn't make a difference, though, because Verizon uses CDMA for voice, not LTE (unless you're in an area that is experimenting with VoLTE). But it won't hurt to try.
- By Ruby_Soho in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 10Last Post: 10-25-2014, 10:00 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2014, 12:37 AM
- By AsamaBest in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-17-2014, 02:31 PM
- By vitaminjay1982 in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 4Last Post: 06-16-2014, 10:02 PM
- By vishalprajapati in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM