Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Samsung galaxy s2 keeps turning off and on like power button is stuck

Us cellular pre paid samsung galaxy s2 SCH-R760 just started shutting itself off and on and also lighting up and going dark like I'm pushing the power button to access the screen but I'm not. Haven't dropped it or anything. It happens literally ever 3-4 minutes over last week. Took it to us cellular the guy told me it's my battery, which it's not I have 3 batteries and it does it on all three. So then he told me it probably had corrosion, which I don't know how cause I do not take it in kitchen or bathroom or anything I'm very careful due to the fact that I have pre paid and no insurance. The power button seemed fine from outside but now will not turn off or on by button it stopped working completely. To get screen to come on I have to plug it in to power cord. When I take battery out and put it back in it comes back on automatically. and this doesn't happen when it's plugged in to power cord. Please someone help I can't afford a new phone..

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s2 keeps turning off and on like power button is stuck

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery and clearing the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s2 keeps turning off and on like power button is stuck

Do you think my phone is stuck in a "boot loop" is that why you're telling me to try this? Sorry just tryin to get the full picture before I try anything like that.

It doesn't really sound like a boot loop--that where it tries to boot, then shuts off and powers back on by itself, never quite getting to a stable situation. I can't really tell you what's going on, the cache partition wipes can sometimes correct these situations. There's no harm in trying it.