Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Docking my HTC one to my PC and controlling it with my mouse

Hello,

So I have been looking around quite a bit and I havent really seen any answers for this. Is it possible to get like a dock or something that I could plug my phone in to and have a virtual screen on my desktop that I can control with my mouse? Kind of like teamviewer but instead of controlling the PC through the phone I would be controlling the phone through the PC. Is this at all possible?

Thanks!!!

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Docking my HTC one to my PC and controlling it with my mouse

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hello,

So I have been looking around quite a bit and I havent really seen any answers for this. Is it possible to get like a dock or something that I could plug my phone in to and have a virtual screen on my desktop that I can control with my mouse? Kind of like teamviewer but instead of controlling the PC through the phone I would be controlling the phone through the PC. Is this at all possible?

Thanks!!!
    Hello!

It looks like you want to use something along the lines of this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lite.vncserver

That will let you open a browser on the PC and control the device. If you take a look through the listed "similar" apps on that page, there may be something that more specifically suites your needs. Also, if there is a specific function you are trying to achieve, i.e send/receive text messages from the PC, then let us know and we'll try and help further.

Thanks for your reply!

What I would really like to do is just send and receive texts. I see my co workers doing it with their iphones and macs but idk how I would be able to do it with my android and PC. So that is the real goal of getting my phone and PC to work together.

EDIT:

Also the ability to see notifications would be awesome!

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Cordero IV View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

What I would really like to do is just send and receive texts. I see my co workers doing it with their iphones and macs but idk how I would be able to do it with my android and PC. So that is the real goal of getting my phone and PC to work together.

EDIT:

Also the ability to see notifications would be awesome!
    Welcome to the forums!

Take a look at Push Bullet, it may be what you are looking for: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bullet.android

That is awesome!!! It is exactly what I am looking for! Thanks!