Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Front Facing Camera Not Working

Hey guys , i had just baught my android phone about 5 months ago . When i first got my phone my front camera was working perfectly fine, Now it just goes to the home screen when i get on. I have already reseted my phone . cleaned out gallery and everything , can any of you please help

Default Re: Front Facing Camera Not Working

Welcome to Android Central! Please tell us which phone you're using. What do you mean when you say, "Now it just goes to the home screen when I get on"? Does the rear-facing camera still work? When you open the Camera app, do you still see the toggle to switch between the rear- and front-facing cameras?

I have the same issue.
    Android Mini
    Toggle disappeared that allowed forward facing camera. I have forced close on camera, tried third party app, did a factory reset. All to no avail. I did get a whole bunch of pictures of me looking at my phone with a very confused and frustrated look on my face. Not pretty.

Further observation includes:
    Clear cache data = no change
    Clear all app data and force close = when camera is restarted the icon to return to forward facing camera is there but when I touch it I get another horrible self portrait and it disappears again.

Any help out there?

Sorry, but which Mini do you have? There are a number of phones out there that have a Mini added to the model name. Any recent updates, either to the system or the camera app?

I have a Droid Ultra and have been having the same exact issue which seems to happen upon installing the KitKat update. When I did a system reset I had the weird experience of having the forward facing camera work sporadically. Usually, if the battery would die out completely the function would return. Now that I allowed the reinstallation of the update...same issue. I have been searching for some fix.