Samsung galaxy s5 not playing mp3 files that are transferred from my laptop

A

AC Question

Got a Samsung Galaxy s5 (4.4.2) and when I tried to import my mp3 files from my laptop to the phone, half of the music could not be played and it gave me an error message "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I'm pretty sure all of them are in mp3 format, and they had all opened and played with my apple ipod.

Any solutions?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Got a Samsung Galaxy s5 (4.4.2) and when I tried to import my mp3 files from my laptop to the phone, half of the music could not be played and it gave me an error message "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I'm pretty sure all of them are in mp3 format, and they had all opened and played with my apple ipod.

Any solutions?
Try installing another media player from the Play Store and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, then there may definitely be an issue with the file format that you need to fix.

thinkdink

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Managed 8gb on a 128 card. I can put in the music that won't work on a different card, and it works fine. So in other words, if Nickleback is over the 8gb, it says sorry, can't play format, but I can put the same song on a different card and it works fine. It is not the card, it is not the file, it is something with the phone. Sometimes it does not take file transfers well like it garbles the first portion of the music, or it will only play 1 or 2 seconds over and over and skip to the next. Again, I can fill up an 8gb card with anything that does not work that I copied to the 128gb card and it has no issue. I have also copied the files to the phone and it plays there fine. move it to the card, and it says cannot play this format, so again, proof it is not the file. I see a lot of similar or the same complaints but have yet to run across the solution.

monicajae

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Managed 8gb on a 128 card. I can put in the music that won't work on a different card, and it works fine. So in other words, if Nickleback is over the 8gb, it says sorry, can't play format, but I can put the same song on a different card and it works fine. It is not the card, it is not the file, it is something with the phone. Sometimes it does not take file transfers well like it garbles the first portion of the music, or it will only play 1 or 2 seconds over and over and skip to the next. Again, I can fill up an 8gb card with anything that does not work that I copied to the 128gb card and it has no issue. I have also copied the files to the phone and it plays there fine. move it to the card, and it says cannot play this format, so again, proof it is not the file. I see a lot of similar or the same complaints but have yet to run across the solution.

the way it's looking seems like you won't.

Will Rubie

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
I know that this thread was a couple of years ago, but my phone has exactly the same problem, and having already wasted a considerable amount of time looking for a solution I came upon this thread.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Yours hopefully!

Will

wuzpapn

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I know that this thread was a couple of years ago, but my phone has exactly the same problem, and having already wasted a considerable amount of time looking for a solution I came upon this thread.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Yours hopefully!

Will
Ditto. I've had phone prior on my internal storage that obv works no problem.

Got a brand new 512GB SD card. At first downloaded songs didn't show (use uTorrent). Then I found the path for the downloaded files and moved a couple to SD Card > Android > Media, and that seemed to work.

Today I had about 20 new albums downloaded, and about 1-2 of them worked. For some weird reason after restarted my phone those albums that I had showed 0 items. I've tried Nuetron player, Musice Pro player, and the default music player. I'm not sure why files do it either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol