Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung galaxy s5 not playing mp3 files that are transferred from my laptop

Got a Samsung Galaxy s5 (4.4.2) and when I tried to import my mp3 files from my laptop to the phone, half of the music could not be played and it gave me an error message "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I'm pretty sure all of them are in mp3 format, and they had all opened and played with my apple ipod.

Any solutions?

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s5 not playing mp3 files that are transferred from my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Got a Samsung Galaxy s5 (4.4.2) and when I tried to import my mp3 files from my laptop to the phone, half of the music could not be played and it gave me an error message "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I'm pretty sure all of them are in mp3 format, and they had all opened and played with my apple ipod.

Any solutions?
    Try installing another media player from the Play Store and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, then there may definitely be an issue with the file format that you need to fix.

Default Re: Samsung galaxy s5 not playing mp3 files that are transferred from my laptop

I have the same problem. Managed 8gb on a 128 card. I can put in the music that won't work on a different card, and it works fine. So in other words, if Nickleback is over the 8gb, it says sorry, can't play format, but I can put the same song on a different card and it works fine. It is not the card, it is not the file, it is something with the phone. Sometimes it does not take file transfers well like it garbles the first portion of the music, or it will only play 1 or 2 seconds over and over and skip to the next. Again, I can fill up an 8gb card with anything that does not work that I copied to the 128gb card and it has no issue. I have also copied the files to the phone and it plays there fine. move it to the card, and it says cannot play this format, so again, proof it is not the file. I see a lot of similar or the same complaints but have yet to run across the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkdink View Post
    I have the same problem. Managed 8gb on a 128 card. I can put in the music that won't work on a different card, and it works fine. So in other words, if Nickleback is over the 8gb, it says sorry, can't play format, but I can put the same song on a different card and it works fine. It is not the card, it is not the file, it is something with the phone. Sometimes it does not take file transfers well like it garbles the first portion of the music, or it will only play 1 or 2 seconds over and over and skip to the next. Again, I can fill up an 8gb card with anything that does not work that I copied to the 128gb card and it has no issue. I have also copied the files to the phone and it plays there fine. move it to the card, and it says cannot play this format, so again, proof it is not the file. I see a lot of similar or the same complaints but have yet to run across the solution.
    the way it's looking seems like you won't.