Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy LG Optimus L9 P769 (T-mobile)

Basically my phone won't turn on. I'm pretty sure the battery's not the problem since I remember it was fully charged three days ago and I didn't touch it until the day before yesterday, when I pulled the charger out, and it hasn't been working since. I haven't rooted the phone or anything and I don't want to if it's not needed, but I guess that's meaningless considering the device won't respond at all. Actually this has happened once before, a few weeks ago, but it somehow fixed itself a few hours later and it was working fine until a while ago.... since I haven't backed up my contacts I want to avoid doing a hard reset, but I'm guessing otherwise my phone's basically bricked? Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: LG Optimus L9 P769 (T-mobile)

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried pressing and holding the Power button for a good 20-30 seconds?

Batteries can fail at any time due to defects, so it's still worth trying a replacement. A quick and dirty test is to remove the battery, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, I would still suggest trying a new battery.