LG Optimus L9 P769 (T-mobile)
Basically my phone won't turn on. I'm pretty sure the battery's not the problem since I remember it was fully charged three days ago and I didn't touch it until the day before yesterday, when I pulled the charger out, and it hasn't been working since. I haven't rooted the phone or anything and I don't want to if it's not needed, but I guess that's meaningless considering the device won't respond at all. Actually this has happened once before, a few weeks ago, but it somehow fixed itself a few hours later and it was working fine until a while ago.... since I haven't backed up my contacts I want to avoid doing a hard reset, but I'm guessing otherwise my phone's basically bricked? Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks in advance.
- 06-17-2014, 12:52 AM #2
Re: LG Optimus L9 P769 (T-mobile)
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried pressing and holding the Power button for a good 20-30 seconds?
Batteries can fail at any time due to defects, so it's still worth trying a replacement. A quick and dirty test is to remove the battery, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, I would still suggest trying a new battery.
- By DudeThatsErin in forum Phone WarsReplies: 31Last Post: 08-20-2014, 09:02 AM
- By Frh-S-expeR in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 26Last Post: 07-03-2014, 02:02 AM
- By TXZach in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 23Last Post: 06-24-2014, 07:23 PM
- By Steven Jordan in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 06-16-2014, 10:50 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2014, 10:34 PM