Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question What is the possibility that the HTC M9 having a high mega pixel count camera?

Simply because megapixel count is extremely important to a uni student.
    One of the important things we use our camera for is taking pictures of hand drawn notes from our lecturer on the white board, recording video of exam answer solutions so we can revert back to it for revision and finally using it as a scanner so text legible in photos is extremely important.

I had the M8 once.. and the camera detail was extremely blurred so I was forced to trade it for the S4.....

Default Re: What is the possibility that the HTC M9 having a high mega pixel count camera?

I'm not sure megapixel count alone will help. In an indoor situation like a classroom or lecture hall, I would imagine the light isn't the best. So the camera sensor has to be big enough to gather enough light to make the image clear--otherwise, you're still going to get a decent amount of blur or noise. If you packed more megapixels on the same size sensor as before, it wouldn't solve that problem, so what you'd want is a bigger sensor.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: What is the possibility that the HTC M9 having a high mega pixel count camera?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I'm not sure megapixel count alone will help. In an indoor situation like a classroom or lecture hall, I would imagine the light isn't the best. So the camera sensor has to be big enough to gather enough light to make the image clear--otherwise, you're still going to get a decent amount of blur or noise. If you packed more megapixels on the same size sensor as before, it wouldn't solve that problem, so what you'd want is a bigger sensor.
    S4 does a very good job even near the back of the hall. For me, it is more on an issue of zooming in a 13MP vs a 4MP photo