Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Screen Stuck at home screen (Where you can swipe from page to page)

I went onto Facebook messenger, as usual and once I sent a message, the whole screen froze, except from the notification bar, which I could pull down and click settings. But other than that, I couldn't click the home button, (Sometimes I could, but even when it worked my screen wouldn't even swipe). Also, if the home button did work, which was rarely, the keypad would stick on the screen and not come off whatever I did because obviously the screen was frozen.Does anyone have any clue what has happened? Is it the app that has done this? Or it it my phone? (It only works again when I restart my phone. I don't want to keep restarting my phone because it's a nightmare!)

Thanks a lot

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini - Screen Stuck at home screen (Where you can swipe from page to page)

Welcome to Android Central! It's hard to pinpoint freezes like that, so look for patterns. If it happens more with Facebook Messenger, then it's either the app itself that's the problem, or the app interacting badly with some other process.

You could also try booting into Recovery and clearing the system cache partition, which can sometimes improve various glitches. You won't erase any personal data. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.