Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Galaxy S3 Wifi/battery problems

Ive had my Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile for over a year now, and I've never had these problems until a few days ago.
    Just a few days ago, my phone's wifi started turning on automatically, but it wouldn't connect unless I manually turned it off and back on. I would put my phone to sleep and pick it back up a few minutes later just to see that the wifi was on, but disconnected.
    Also, around the same time, I noticed that when wifi was connected, the download speeds I received were less than 1 mbps, when my internet provider promises 30 mbps. This problem comes and goes, but it usually happens at night. None of my other devices seem to have this problem at all.
    Another thing I've noticed is that on my battery charts, Android System and Android OS have appeared as top battery users, and this happened around the same time the WiFi problems showed up. I've downloaded a battery monitor and a wakelock detector, but I cannot seem to find the problem. This problem occured without any updates or new apps downloaded on my phone, so I am very confused. All my WiFi settings are normal, even on the advanced screen. I'm not sure if all these problems are somehow connected, but they all appeared at the same time, although they may be completely unrelated. I would appreciate any help you guys have to offer.

Global Posts
    25,297 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Wifi/battery problems

Have you tried clearing the system cache in recovery? Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry