Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Unresponsive touch screen

I recently cracked the screen to my samsung galaxy s4 active and later it was in the pool. I took my phone apart and cleaned all the water and and the indicator says that it has very minimal water damage to it. I stuck it in a bag of rice to be safe. Put it back together and now it's unresponsive when I try to swipe my code in or any part of the touch screen. The buttons all work just not the screen. Is there any way to fix this? And has anyone else had this problem.

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Unresponsive touch screen

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I recently cracked the screen to my samsung galaxy s4 active and later it was in the pool. I took my phone apart and cleaned all the water and and the indicator says that it has very minimal water damage to it. I stuck it in a bag of rice to be safe. Put it back together and now it's unresponsive when I try to swipe my code in or any part of the touch screen. The buttons all work just not the screen. Is there any way to fix this? And has anyone else had this problem.
    Your phone is more than likely toast. However...if you have insurance than it won't be a problem getting a replacement. If you don't have insurance than you can take it to Radio Shack and see what they can do. Radio Shack repairs mobile devices.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.