Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default note 3 terrible battery life

Hey.. I am new here and I wanted to see if you guys are experiencing the same frustrating issue that I am. I have a galaxy note 3 and it seems in the last month or so when I updated my phone the battery life has been awful.
    I used to go to bed with about 50 percent remaining now I'm lucky to not have to charge around 8 pm.
    I have power saving mode on, battery stats say 28% android system, 12% screen, 10% OS etc...this isn' normal I bought this damn phone for the good battery life.
    Samsung has been more than unhelpful with the issue, rogers sent me a refurbished device but the battery on this one is the same as my other.

Thanks for any and all help
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: note 3 terrible battery life

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Polyxronis View Post
    Hey.. I am new here and I wanted to see if you guys are experiencing the same frustrating issue that I am. I have a galaxy note 3 and it seems in the last month or so when I updated my phone the battery life has been awful.
    I used to go to bed with about 50 percent remaining now I'm lucky to not have to charge around 8 pm.
    I have power saving mode on, battery stats say 28% android system, 12% screen, 10% OS etc...this isn' normal I bought this damn phone for the good battery life.
    Samsung has been more than unhelpful with the issue, rogers sent me a refurbished device but the battery on this one is the same as my other.

Well, it looks optimum too me ! All the battery is surging only by the Android device which you can't stop it from ! What you can do is try installing some battery saver application that clean up the application running in the background periodically, because most of the battery is surged by the application running in the background.

Global Posts
    24,677 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Polyxronis View Post

Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried clearing cache in recovery, or a factory reset? Typically, one of those things needs to be done after a major OS upgrade to reduce conflicts in the data. I would try the cache clear first, as it is the least intrusive. If that doesn't work, back everything up, and do a factory reset.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hey thanks for replying guys . Yeah I did factory resets on both phones I have. No help. Its quite frustrating the battery life has legitimately diminished by 50% since the update...I dont think im the only one with the issue.
    Oh well I guess maybe the will fix on next update