Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default **Root and ROM Install Support** Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 - UK T-Mobile

Hi

Please be advised that I live in the UK and have a Galaxy S3 that is locked to the T-Mobile UK network

I am having serious issues with battery drain and the length of time it takes for my phone to charge up, since T-Mobile (UK) released the 4.3 update a few months ago.

My phone has already been re-installed to factory settings 10 times in the past two months and it has been sent away to T-Mobile for investigation / repair; but they claim the battery is fine and so is the phone.

I am not a gamer or heavy app user so the issues are still a mystery.

As I absolutely hate TouchWiz and I'm sick of waiting for Samsung/T-Mobile UK releasing updates for the S3; so I really want to root my phone and install a custom ROM. I was disappointed to find that Cyanogenmod does not seem to offer their "quick and easy" option for the S3; having successfully installed their ROM for the S2 in the past.

I have searched for instructions to root and install a ROM manually; however the instructions all seem to be different (mainly because they seem to be for American carriers) and I really don't know what the best/most stable ROM would be for my S3.

If someone could provide "plain English" instructions or advice it would be great and despite what you read above I am tech savvy; I'm just cautious as I don't want to screw up my phone!

Thanks in advance, Iain
    Last edited by Iain Garrow; 06-17-2014 at 06:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Global Posts
    20,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: **Root and ROM Install Support** Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 - UK T-Mobile

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here