Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC One M8 - Text Messages Do Not Display Senders' Name

When I receive an SMS on my HTC One M8, the sender's phone number is displayed instead of the sender's name even though the sender is in my contact list.

What's strange is that when the screen is locked, the sender's name is displayed on the home screen whenever I receive text messages, however once I unlock and go to the messages folder, only the sender's number is displayed.

However, when I tap on the sender's picture in the messages folder, the pop up shows the sender's name and contact numbers saved. It seems to be a synching issue between the messages folder and phone contacts

The weird part is that after 5-10 mins, when I access the messages folder again, the sender's name is displayed. There seems to be a time lag in displaying the sender's name.

I have went through everything I could think of and I've already done a factory reset, however, the issue is still there. Am I missing something??

Global Posts
    19,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HTC One M8 - Text Messages Do Not Display Senders' Name

Welcome to the forums.
    I don't think you are missing anything. It may be a bug in the ROM. Have you emailed HTC about it?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

No. Kindly provide me HTC's mail add, if you have it.

Global Posts
    19,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Here: http://www.htc.com/us/contact/email/

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Same thing happens with me. Sometmes Name of the sender won't appear in messages. Please help

I've sent the phone to the Service Centre, they've provided me a new handset; however the issue is there in the new one as well. What should I do next?
    I've tried to report the issue to HTC as well several times but the link you've provided me is giving me an error message every time

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Hi,
    I found a temporarily solution.

4. Press the Recent Apps button (right to the Home Button) and remove the Messages application from the recent apps list by sliding it up
    5. Go back to the Messages application and you can see the issue has been fixed

Source: How to Fix "Sender Name Not Showing in Messages" Issue on HTC One M8

Thanks, that's what I've been doing since I got the replacement phone. But this is really annoying.
    Had a chat with the HTC support team, they said that this is a known issue and are currently working on an update to fix it.
    They said it usually takes 3 to 5 working weeks to have an update!!