Hangouts app icon missing in Applications
I am trying to tailor my grannie's tablet to her needs, and I am facing a problem here.
I am missing the icon for Hangouts in the Applications tab, although it is set up, and can be run from the Play Store.
I rebooted the device, and tried uninstalling and installing the app, but no luck.
I get the icons for the other apps that I install, but not Hangouts, for some reason.
It is a Casper brand tablet, which is a local Turkish manufacturer, and it seems to have a CTM device inside.
Kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] (who is this? this seems to be a bit fishy)
Build RK_30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK V1.01
- 06-17-2014, 08:07 PM #2
- 08-26-2014, 04:48 AM #3
- 7 Posts
Re: Hangouts app icon missing in Applications
Asus FonePad or any phone for that matter.
1. Download Astro File Manager from Google Playstore
2. Open the "System" file
3. Then the "App" file
4. At "View Settings", tick "Show Hidden Files"
5. Hangout app appears!
6. Go to Home screen. Click on [six dots in circle] for apps.
7. Search for Hangout app. Long-press and drag it to the Home screen.
- By xstinkyx in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 8Last Post: 07-12-2014, 08:56 PM
- By hieulc in forum Android GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-19-2014, 02:10 AM
- By gtsiramua in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 06-17-2014, 09:13 AM
- By theamericanjedi in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2014, 08:13 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2014, 06:29 AM