Galaxy Express sends text files to email when texting

A

AC Question

Hullo, everyone. I have an intriguing issue. My old phone... I could send a text message to an email and it would come out on the client computer as a standard, old-school, text-only e-mail.

Now, with my Galaxy Express, I send a text message to my email address though "Messaging", and it comes out as a blank text with 1+ attachments. The first attachment is always a text file called "text_<some number>.txt" and then whatever I attach to the message. Such as, for a movie I just sent my friend of my dog being cute, it came out with no subject or any other initial identifying mark. He though it was spam until I told him how to read the address that the text came from. Then, there was no body just two attachments. The movie file and that text file. Both of which you have to open up to figure out what is going on. If you are paranoid, then this email would have been deleted before any reading whatsoever. And if you are not and someone sends you a virus this way, then you are in a world of hurt.

Is there anyway to make Android send the text file as the body of the email instead of as a text file... Or do I need an app to do this for me? Which would be really silly. Every other phone gets it right.

PS: Sorry if I get on anybody's nerves. I'm naturally very critical of technology after all the programming I have done over the last 30 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair