Headphones w/ mic & volume compatible with HTC One M8

A

AC Question

I had Bose Ae2i with my samsung galaxy S4. The microphone, volume, call making worked with the phone. S Voice commands even worked with it. Then one update ruined it all, the volume buttons weren't compatible with the phone anymore, everything else worked. Anyways, I have to get a new phone (decided on the One M8). My Bose Ae2i will probably not work with the phone because the headphones are probably outdated now. I'm looking for around the ear headphones, which have a mic and volume control, that would be compatible with the M8.

I've done some browsing and have only seen two headphones that come close to what I want. Those are:
Sennheiser HD 429s
Skull Candy Hesh 2 w/ mic

The only problem is that those do not come with volume control. The mic, call making ability is there. Whether or not the remote is compatible with the M8 features is a bonus, not needed. If these are the two best around the ear headphones that are compatible with the M8, then I might as well stick with the Bose 2Aei's that I have.

Please let me know if the headphones that I want actually exist for the HTC One M8 or not

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I would try the headphones anyway. You might be surprised. I would guess it was an update with the Samsung that might have killed the third party use of headphones.

thelastred

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had Bose Ae2i with my samsung galaxy S4. The microphone, volume, call making worked with the phone. S Voice commands even worked with it. Then one update ruined it all, the volume buttons weren't compatible with the phone anymore, everything else worked. Anyways, I have to get a new phone (decided on the One M8). My Bose Ae2i will probably not work with the phone because the headphones are probably outdated now. I'm looking for around the ear headphones, which have a mic and volume control, that would be compatible with the M8.

I've done some browsing and have only seen two headphones that come close to what I want. Those are:
Sennheiser HD 429s
Skull Candy Hesh 2 w/ mic

The only problem is that those do not come with volume control. The mic, call making ability is there. Whether or not the remote is compatible with the M8 features is a bonus, not needed. If these are the two best around the ear headphones that are compatible with the M8, then I might as well stick with the Bose 2Aei's that I have.

Please let me know if the headphones that I want actually exist for the HTC One M8 or not

List of device that have same hardware to use any headphone in list below (all 3 buttons should work no matter who made it. EX. Samsung headphones work with Htc and Nokia)
Nexus 5
Samsung galaxy line (s & note series)
Samsung tablets (note tab and s )
Htc
Lg G3
(idk about other lg)
Nokia
Sony (after Ericsson buyout)

List headphone that wok any listed above:

SoulElectronics
SL99S for Samsung
Samsung S-Cable

BeatsbyDre
RemoteTalk Cable (non ios cable) (best buy sells it too)

NOCS
NS500 Aluminum (Android)
NS400 Aluminum (Android) (make sure it's the 3button)
NS200 Aluminum (Android)

Ajays
a-JAYS Five (Android)
a-JAYS Five (Windows)

Nokia Purity
Nokia Purity (On Ear/OverEar/InEar)

Samsung
Samsung in ear (HS330)
Samsung in ear (HS130) (best buy sells it too)
Level series (On Ear/OverEar/InEar)

Degauss
Noir, Hybrid 3-button in ear - (Android/Windows)
Sabotage Royale 3-button ((Android/Windows)
Pocket 3-button Headset (Android/Windows)(Like EarPods)
Dual Driver 3-button (Android/Windows)

Bose
Sound True (Samsung version)
Sport Sound (Samsung version)

Sennheiser
URBANITE XL (G model)
URBANITE OnEar (G Model)
MOMENTUM (On Ear/OverEar/InEar) (G Model)
MM 30 G (inear)
Cx 2.00 G and 5.00 G

will update when i find more Give thanks if found this helpful
[Updated 12-8-14]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463