Hi there, I need some help. I just found out today that the SD card I put in my Galaxy Centura (Wal-mart, straight talk)...is NOT mounted. I only found this out because I took the card to Wal-mart to get pictures printed off of it and when I inserted it into their machine....NO pictures were on it!! So, they are apparently in the phones internal storage? How the crap do I "mount" this stupid card?? And move my pictures to it? Someone told me I needed to download an app or something? I don't know. Thanks in advance for any help!!
- 06-17-2014, 08:53 PM #2
Re: SDcard issues
Welcome to Android Central! External microSD cards should mount automatically when you insert them into your phone, assuming the card is not damaged and the phone is operating correctly. If you go to Settings>Storage, you should see the stats for the external SD card if it's been mounted properly. If you see an option to Mount the card, then you can tap that button to see if it will mount, although this usually will only appear if you Unmount a card and don't take it out.
If you insert a card and nothing shows up at all, either the card is bad or the phone is not detecting it for some reason. Inserting an unformatted card into a phone should prompt you if you want to format the card, so I'm assuming yours is not unformatted.
Can you see your photos in your phone's gallery app? If so, and if the SD card is out, then they are clearly on the phone's Internal Storage.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 11:11 AM
- By oaklandm in forum HTC One M8Replies: 4Last Post: 06-22-2014, 08:50 AM
- By ams284 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 06-18-2014, 09:39 AM
- By PokeDroid in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 06-17-2014, 03:48 PM
- By pandrade11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2014, 03:46 PM