Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Switched from Straight Talk T-mobile sim to AT&T sim and now my Moto X doesn't work

I have been using Straight Talk since February 2014. I was using the AT&T sim in my Galaxy S2, and about 1 month ago I bought a new Moto X phone (unlocked). I put the Straight Talk T-mobile sim card in and that worked right away without any issues for about 1 month. A few days ago, I decided to switch back to AT&T, because I got better cell service at my house when I used AT&T with my Galaxy S2; however, after I went through the process to switch, my phone no longer works.

I should clarify that it sometimes allows me to make/receive a phone call or pull up a webpage, but about 5 minutes later it stops working again and shows no reception or 4G. I have been on the phone with Straight Talk at least 7 times, and they just have me turn my phone on and off and reset the APN settings. Nothing works. I've even resorted to trying to use my husband's extra AT&T nano sim to see if that would work, and it is the same thing. This is the third sim card I have tried with no resolution (2 x AT&T and 1 T-mobile).

Please help!!!!

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Switched from Straight Talk T-mobile sim to AT&T sim and now my Moto X doesn't work

Have you tried changing the access point names under Settings>wireless and networks>More.. ?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here