BEST sound quality BT headset, focused more on "Receiving End"

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm in search of the BEST sound quality Bluetooth Headset, focused more on the "Receiving End".

I have Samsung HM1700 which is small/light & comfortable to wear, but the other end couldn't hear my voice clearly... So, I recently upgraded to Plantronics Voyager Legend, but I'm not satisfied with it... :'(

Here are some of the reasons:

• Sometimes, the receiving end can't hear me clearly still or almost nothing understandable at all, so I end up switching to my cell's headset.
  • The eartip is too big for me, even the small one. So it doesn't feel secure.
  • The behind ear part is too big for my ear, it's uncomfortable and my hair gets caught too often, and device falls off from my ear...
My main purpose for getting BT headset is to wear at work in the office and while driving my car. I have Motorola Droid Ultra and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to pair. Other than I use BT headset to make & answer calls, use for Motorola Assist and listen to iHeart Radio from Samsung Tab at work.

I have been considering the following devices as the candidates:
  • Motorola Boom
  • Motorola Whisper
  • Plantronics Voyager Edge, M50 or M55
  • Jabra Classic, TALK, EASYGO, EXTREME2 or SUPREME
Do you have any recommendations? FYI: I need to stay around $50, but if it's really good, I may consider Max $100... or get used one which would be less, as long as I can get the support from manufacture...

Thank you for your help! :)

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I drive 18 wheelers, and have tried a few. You can ask most any trucker and you will get the same answer. Blue Parrot. Battery life, amazing! Sound quality, amazing. Price is around 70 on eBay. Also, keep in mind, we talk on these things for hours at a time. I can forget to charge mine and run 2 days with the battery making it to the end of the second day. Yes , they are big, but they make a smaller one, I just haven't ever tried it. A friend has it and says it just as good. As far as on the receiving end, tractor trailers are noisy. Most truckers will agree, if you don't have a Blue Parrot, we would rather talk to you when you get one. I have no reason to care which one you get, no affiliation at all, I just can say from a few years of using it, their is no comparison.

Posted via Android Central App

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi Brian W1,
Thank you very much for your input! I really appreciate it.
What a coincidence, I have been also posting questions through Amazon on several BT headsets I have been considering, asking questions for the receiving end's sound quality, fit/wear comfort, etc. And in the one of the response, the person said about Blue Parrot! LOL
I will definitely look into the SMALLER model, because I have a long hair, even though at work I often bundle my hair up, I still prefer smaller type. And I have small ear, too! LOL

Thank you very much!

ymaz108

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I checked Blue Parrot Xpressway & Blue Parrot Xpress on Amazon. Both have good reviews, although I saw some negative reviews as well, i.e. can't hear well, thou the other end can hear you clear, hard to keep it in the ear, etc... Plus, the Xpressway has some issue with Motorola phones, which is mine (Motorola Droid Ultra). I'm so want something WORKS to fit my needs... @_@

Update:
I'm still in search of my next BT headset... Pretty exhausted actually... I was wondering if there is certain BT headset per certain Cell phone brand/model, like the BEST MATCH???

My car doesn't have bluetooth capability, and I wear my BT headset all day long at work.

After I returned Voyager Legend, I got Motorola Boom HX600. It's Day One, so I'm not sure about the call quality yet, but the ear piece is not really comfortable for my ear... :(
I see lots of "Could Work" models on Amazon, where is my primary shopping venue, but I want to try them before I commit to it... Most of the Amazon Sellers don't accept full refund if the box is open! How can I find out if it will work with my case or not?
I found Staples, OfficeMax & Best Buy offer full refund if I return with in 2 weeks, but they don't carry as many models as I see in Amazon...

Dilemma... :(

Last edited: