Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Email syncs ok (getting all new email), BUT it no longer knows if email was already read

I have a note 2, with 4.4.2 KitKat or whatever...updated to 4.4.2 mid May. I am using the email represented with an envelope with a red @ on it - pretty sure it came with the phone. I like it because the icon shows me current number of new, unread emails without having to open email.

Problem: If I access my email via my laptop using Thunderbird (which I have used for years), and read emails, my phone does not get updated that those emails, viewed by my laptop, have already been read and continue to list them as "new unread" until I actually use the phone to open each one.

Once the PHONE opens an email, then the phone knows & marks it as read. But it no longer gets the info from the server that I already read an email via Thunderbird on my desktop.

This was NOT a problem under 4.4.1. AND I noticed during the update to 4.4.2, it said it was updating each and every app individually. Whether it was 4.4.2 or the email app update, it broke this part of my email.

Global Posts
    30,541 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Email syncs ok (getting all new email), BUT it no longer knows if email was already read

I am honestly not sure what to suggest. Have you contacted either party, Thunderbird or Samsung to see if it is something on their side?