Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default screen of galaxy s3 wont go onnn

my screen of my galaxy s3 has stripes or lines, so i can't see nothing. what can i do?

Default Re: screen of galaxy s3 wont go onnn

Welcome to Android Central! When did that happen, and was there any trauma to the phone recently? It sounds like a hardware problem. You may need to bring it to your local repair shop.

yeah, about a month ago i had a problem where it won't start up. it just go onn and then off. it stops at the samsung welcome screen. so i brought it to a local repair shop and they did something and it was working again. they said that they dont know what it was. but today, i was texting and suddenly the screen starts to flicker and after a while it just became black. i pulled the battery out and in again but its still black. help me please.

Try booting into the Recovery Menu and clearing the cache partition. You won't lose any personal data. [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

It may also be worth trying a new battery.

Corrupt SD cards can sometimes cause issues--if you have one inserted, unmount it in Settings>Storage‚Äč, remove it, and reboot.