i have a galaxy s3 and my picture folder disappeared! i called my service provider and they said i must of deleted it, i had more than 400 pictures it doesnt make any sense i would of noticed. i heard it could of been my sd card crashing, please help what can i do to retrieve them?
- 06-17-2014, 11:19 PM #2
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if you had things set so that photos were saving to the external microSD card rather than Internal Storage? Try this:
- Unmount your SD card by going to Settings>Storage and tapping Unmount.
- Remove the SD card, then insert it into your computer using a fullsize SD adapter.
- Use your computer's file browser to search the card for your photos.
- If you find the photos, back them up immediately, along with all of the other data.
- Then try reformatting the SD card--you probably have to do this in the phone, since I don't think Windows formats SD cards into FAT32 any more (which is the format that Android devices use for SD cards).
- Next, transfer all of the data back to the SD, and insert it back into the phone.
Keep in mind that there are lots and lots and lots and lots of threads on these forums about people losing data on microSD cards, mostly when using them with Samsung devices. I'm not sure why that is, but in general, be cautious!
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2014, 10:16 AM
- By eaglestar in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 2Last Post: 06-18-2014, 02:48 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2014, 07:26 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2014, 06:12 PM
- By Husamedins in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2014, 05:13 PM