Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rascul22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Sound Issue on Samsung Galaxy S5?

I was wondering if this is a known bug or anyone else has experienced this. I use my phone as my alarm clock, and yesterday, I thought it didn't go off after my husband came up and woke me up 15 minutes late. I looked at my phone and it said the alarm was snoozed. Huh? Maybe something was leaning against it, making the phone automatically go into snooze. When I got home from work, I took my phone off vibrate. I somehow missed hearing my incoming texts and messages. Hmm, maybe the TV was too loud? This morning I did hear the alarm go off - it was SO quite I thought it was an ice cream truck off in the distance in my dream. An ice cream truck at 7:00 AM?! Wait a sec...upon getting up, I started playing with my sound settings. No wonder I missed hearing everything. Even on maximum system volume, everything was barely audible, whereas two days prior, the alarm had me jumping out of bed it was so loud. I didn't change any settings and I had no issues prior. I restarted the phone...tested the sounds again, and wallah! Everything was back to normal. I honestly cannot live with this phone if volume randomly decides to go on the fritz and I miss calls, messages, and even alarms...whats the point of it then? Is this a known bug? I couldn't find anything about this in my searches. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    30,970 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Sound Issue on Samsung Galaxy S5?

Welcome to the forums.
    I will be honest, this is the first I have heard of something like this. I would keep monitoring this over the next few days. Maybe the restart fixed the glitch.

Thanks for the response! I couldn't find anything on this at all either. I'm hoping the restart takes care of it for good, especially since this seems to be an oddity. I'm really enjoying the phone otherwise thus far.

Global Posts
    30,970 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by rascul22 View Post
    Thanks for the response! I couldn't find anything on this at all either. I'm hoping the restart takes care of it for good, especially since this seems to be an oddity. I'm really enjoying the phone otherwise thus far.
    This is going to sound like a stupid question: You are the Original Poster of the question, correct?

I am - it made me create an account to respond

Global Posts
    30,970 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

I am - it made me create an account to respond
    Ok. Like I said, keep an eye on it. If it starts acting up, come back to this thread, quote me using the reply with quote button, and it will get my attention. From there we can try a few things.

To post using reply with quote, you want to start typing after the the last /QUOTE you see in brackets like this [ ]. If you want you can give it a try now.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Ok. Like I said, keep an eye on it. If it starts acting up, come back to this thread, quote me using the reply with quote button, and it will get my attention. From there we can try a few things.

To post using reply with quote, you want to start typing after the the last /QUOTE you see in brackets like this [ ]. If you want you can give it a try now.
    Will do - thanks again!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    30,970 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Will do - thanks again!
    Cool. And the quoting will get my (or anyone's) attention as quickly as possible.