Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default samsung turns off when wifi on

Mu samsing galaxy ace 3 turns itself off when it sleeps either auromatically or when blocked manually it did not always do this i have to turn wofi off everytime

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: samsung turns off when wifi on

To clarify, you mean the screen locks or the device actually shuts down?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

i mean, when the device should screen lock it turns off instead either by time out, or when pressing the lock button
    i have to press and hold the lock button to turn it on again and then i have to quickly disable wifi so it does not turns off again when i time outs, when i don't let the screen lock the device works properly also there is no warning after or before i turn it off so i don't have any idea of why would that happen

Go to your wifi advanced settings and ensure the wifi is set to "never" when the phone sleeps. (see below)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails samsung turns off when wifi on-1403155270615.jpg   samsung turns off when wifi on-1403155280020.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yes this will indeed work but i want to receive mails and stuff when is sleeping also what could be the cause of this?

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by supporter13 View Post
    yes this will indeed work but i want to receive mails and stuff when is sleeping also what could be the cause of this?
    Honestly, I am not sure. WiFi on should not be turning the device off. Have you received any updates for the device recently?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

not that i can remember btw i can use wifi but i just gotta prevent the phone from sleeping, umm now is turning on itself after i let him sleep/turn off maybe the power button is stuck? let's see what happens.

update: it turned on just once for god knows what reason then it when back to turning off, also it only turn off when it has internet access not necesary wifi enabled. if i enable wifi where i can't connect then it won't turn off

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by supporter13 View Post
    not that i can remember btw i can use wifi but i just gotta prevent the phone from sleeping, umm now is turning on itself after i let him sleep/turn off maybe the power button is stuck? let's see what happens.

update: it turned on just once for god knows what reason then it when back to turning off, also it only turn off when it has internet access not necesary wifi enabled. if i enable wifi where i can't connect then it won't turn off
    Have you done a reset after the update?

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App