Samsung Galaxy S3 doesnt start after powering down automatically

A

AC Question

Hello,

My since yesterday my phone was powering down automatically everytime any data transaction was done(may be other times as well). I read post about galaxy s3 on this site to start phone in safe mode and clear cache.

I tried starting in safe mode and as i navigated, my phone froze. I had to remove battaery to try starting it again in safe mode ( hold all 3 keys until i see spash screen). this time it didnt start at all.no vibration...no buzz

then I tried the battery trick of removing battaery, plug charger and plug battery to see battery charging image but it wnt come as well. so right now my phone is completely dead. please advice how i can wipe data and do a factory reset now

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Have you tried a new battery? A quick way of telling if your battery is failing is to take it out, lay it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is a bad sign. But even if it doesn't spin, it's still worth trying a new one.

Instructions on how to boot into Recovery and clear the cache partition are here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html