Huge problem, can't activate used Galaxy Nexus incorrect serial number
I bought this Sprint GN (SPH-L700) at a Pawn Shop and go figure the previous owner had some EOS rom on it... well I went back to stock, and the MSL Ting gave me doesn't work. They ran me through a few dialpad diagnostics, but ultimately they said the phones serial number belongs to a Kyocera (!?), and I would have to bring it to a shop to get it repaired, or return it to the shop.
I don't see the pawn shop giving me a refund... but I figure whatever a cell shop could do, we could do? If you have any suggestions that'd be great because I don't want to be out $90! THANK YOU!
- 06-18-2014, 04:42 PM #2
Re: Huge problem, can't activate used Galaxy Nexus incorrect serial number
It sounds like you mean IMEI number when you say serial number... I believe this is the case since your carrier won't accept it.
Sadly if it's a bad IMEI number you won't be able to use it on any carrier if it's blacklisted and changing an IMEI number is illegal.
Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
- 06-18-2014, 05:05 PM #3
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 02:10 PM
- By ChrisP1234 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 06-19-2014, 01:28 PM
- By facehoundzzz in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:27 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:19 PM
- By perhac181 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 06-18-2014, 04:23 PM