Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation Huge problem, can't activate used Galaxy Nexus incorrect serial number

I bought this Sprint GN (SPH-L700) at a Pawn Shop and go figure the previous owner had some EOS rom on it... well I went back to stock, and the MSL Ting gave me doesn't work. They ran me through a few dialpad diagnostics, but ultimately they said the phones serial number belongs to a Kyocera (!?), and I would have to bring it to a shop to get it repaired, or return it to the shop.

I don't see the pawn shop giving me a refund... but I figure whatever a cell shop could do, we could do? If you have any suggestions that'd be great because I don't want to be out $90! THANK YOU!

Default Re: Huge problem, can't activate used Galaxy Nexus incorrect serial number

It sounds like you mean IMEI number when you say serial number... I believe this is the case since your carrier won't accept it.

Sadly if it's a bad IMEI number you won't be able to use it on any carrier if it's blacklisted and changing an IMEI number is illegal.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines

Default Re: Huge problem, can't activate used Galaxy Nexus incorrect serial number

I'm returning it tomorrow.

I wish Pawn America associates or whomever higher up would get a handle on potential problems like these and make sure it is stock and numbers are good.