LG Optimus f6 keeps lighting up while locked.
My phone keeps lighting up while it is locked like as if I hit a button. If I set it on the table, untouched, locked, it will light up by itself, showing the lock screen, and then go back to a black screen. Then anywhere from 10-30 seconds it does it again, and again, and again. I think that the home button is acting up because when I hit it once, only for a split second, it will show the open tasks page, then it will go away fast, even if I don't touch anything. It has been doing this for about a week and it is just killing my battery. Any ideas on how I could fix this (hopefully without having to buy another phone or pay for insurance to fix it). Thanks!!!
- 06-18-2014, 07:47 PM #2
Re: LG Optimus f6 keeps lighting up while locked.
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you've tried rebooting, right? Do you have any apps installed that would have modify the home button at all, or apps that are intended to light up the screen (like when a text message arrives)? If so, try uninstalling them.
You could also try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem stops, then one of the apps you installed is the likely culprit. But you'd have to do a little trial and error by uninstalling apps one-by-one until the problem resolves (after rebooting out of Safe Mode, of course). Safe Mode instructions at the bottom of this link: Reset: LG Optimus F6 | T-Mobile Support
Last resort would be to do a full factory reset and see if that helps.
- By ivansavant in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 09:57 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2014, 09:54 AM
- By Ali Talib2 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-19-2014, 05:55 PM
- By shmutt1980 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 07:01 PM
- By Greg C in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 06-18-2014, 04:32 PM