S3 Touch Screen Doesn't Work HELP!!
A few weeks ago my samsung s3 started acting weird. The settings menu or other various apps would keep popping up and they wouldn't stop unless I took the battery out. The screen would also freeze and wouldn't work. I've done a reset by pressing the home button, power button and volume up button. It helped and got my phone running again. Last night my phone starting doing the same thing again so I took the battery out for a bit and restarted it. However the screen stopped working. So I reset the phone again using the three buttons and still nothing. So I factory reset my phone thinking it would help but the screen is still frozen. Its stuck on the welcome screen. Can anyone help? I'm willing to try anything at this point.
- 06-20-2014, 02:06 AM #2
Re: S3 Touch Screen Doesn't Work HELP!!
Welcome to Android Central! A few things to try:
1. Try a new battery. Failing batteries can cause various glitches.
2. If you have an external microSD card inserted, Unmount it if possible (in Settings>Storage), then remove it, and reboot. A corrupt SD card can also cause glitches.
3. Try booting into Recovery and clearing the system cache partition. You won't lose any personal data: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2014, 10:12 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-21-2014, 11:55 PM
- By Ali Talib2 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:55 PM
- By cbaker89 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 2Last Post: 06-19-2014, 02:46 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 09:04 PM