Red Light on Grill After Having Galaxy s5 Underwater

P

petitchouxx

So since they tout the new s5 as being waterproof, after doing extensive research I decided to try it out for myself today. The water was relatively cold, but nowhere near frigid (maybe 65/70°), and I didn't have it actually submerged for very long. However, now my screen kind of ... Crackles, I guess -- for lack of a better description -- whenever I turn the screen on, and there is a small red light on the speaker grill that doesn't go away even when my screen is off. Could this be caused by slight water damage? or something else entirely?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Unless the S5 is stated by the manufacturer to be waterproof, I must say I admire your spirit of daring by immersing such an expensive device. If there's a guarantee covering waterproofing you may consider claiming but if not, perhaps try silica gel or suchlike to absorb any water that may have got in.

Posted via Android Central App

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Well considering S5 is water"resistant" NOT water"proof" so my guess is the phone is water damaged...

Try turning off your phone and remove the battery. And put the phone in a bag of rice for few days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar