Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default No notification that I have unread text messages without opening the messaging app

I have an HTC One m7 on AT&T running kit kat 4.4. I recently came from windows phone and before that IOS. Both of these platfroms would show that you have unread text messages without opening the messaging app but my HTC doesn't. It notifies you when you first get the text message but if you work in a high noise area you may not hear it or feel the vibration. It would be nice if there was a little number on top of the messaging icon that said how many unread messages you have. Is there any way to get this?

Default Re: No notification that I have unread text messages without opening the messaging app

Welcome to Android Central! Try something like SMS Unread Count.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Re: No notification that I have unread text messages without opening the messaging app

I downloaded that and it doesn't do anything. It's just a separate app and when I open it, it's just a blank screen