How can I save word documents to my phone instead of to my skydrive?

A

AC Question

Hey guys, occasionally I have to access a word document where I keep a variety of passwords and information on my phone. The problem is that now that I just switched over to this new HTC One device it doesn't appear to let me save documents on m phone, only on a One Drive account. This is a problem because I have an AT&T Go Phone plan that allows me to not have data at all but still have a smart phone. This means I can't access my One Drive when I need it unless I'm near a wifi connection. Is there any way in which I can save a word document to my phone like I used to do on my old windows phone device or am I out of luck? Also, I would prefer not to download some "notes" app but would prefer to be able to do this with the MS Office app.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might depends on the app you are using. I like Kingsoft office. It is free on Play and should save to your device. Whenever you get near a wifi spot, you should be able to upload to Drive, or whatever at your leisure.

U67swbg

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
My recommendation: get yourself TextMaker Mobile, that's the only word processor for Android that I've ever used (and those were a lot) which lets you open and save doc and docx faithfully in both directions. No formatting losses going back and forth. Plus, it is feature-packed as no other. It has a brilliant spell checker, track changes, comments, footnotes, endnotes, pdf export, file conversion (e.g. open odt, save as docx), statistics, access to several cloud services ... it lets you insert tables, bullets, numbered lists, pics from your phone, graphics from file ... you may embed any TrueType or OpenType font, and you get plenty of formatting options which no other Android word processor includes.Prize is less than $4 and worth every penny.