Unresponsive, erratic, touches on my galaxy s4

A

AC Question

Hey there, recently (this morning) my s4 touch screen has barely been working, it seems to be pushing things all over the screen, i slept on it over night by accident and when i opened up the back of the phone it was slightly damp i could see some droplets on the backboard behind the battery, i'm wondering if my sweat has seeped into the phone and cause the touch screen to go crazy (as they do when subjected to water, being a heat sensitive touch screen) do you think my phone will work again once it's dry, could it be because i laid on it all night that iv'e just crushed the screen? It has a few cracks from previous drops, before this morning, the phone would sometimes do something very similar and give you no control over the cursor on the screen, then I would lock the phone, unlock the phone and it would reset the touch screen and it would be fine. I'm wondering if anyone has had something similar?

Detailed symptoms: As soon as i unlock the phone, I will need to unlock it instantly otherwise i will need to press the lock button and again, unlock and try to swipe it in time again. If i swipe it in time the i can unlock the phone but then it will start erratically swiping across my home screens, clicking on shortcuts and just generally going nuts, the buttons work but I don't have much if any control over the touch screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the behavior persist after a reboot?

The fact that there has been repeated trauma to the screen makes it possible that moisture can get into the phone or under the screen glass easily, which I would guess could cause things to go a little haywire. You could certainly try the uncooked rice in a Ziploc bag trick.

It also wouldn't hurt to try a system cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon