Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy I dropped my Galaxy S4 in the Pool - Cracling Noise from the Speakers?

It fell on the concrete which cracked the camera, then it fell it fell 10 foot into water. I picked it up straight away dryed it off put it in rice for 24 hours. after that it was all working perfectly. Then earlier today, the speaker was making a loud crackling noise? I wandered what this was. I was going to record it then i realised my phone was my only camera lol

Default Re: I dropped my Galaxy S4 in the Pool - Cracling Noise from the Speakers?

Welcome to Android Central! Wow, that was one unlucky drop.

Was the sound working fine at first, then it became crackly? Considering all of the trauma it just went through, it wouldn't be surprising if something got damaged internally. Remember that the phone is water resistant, but not waterproof. The initial fall could have also broken a seal, allowing water to seep in somewhere to cause some damage before you were able to dry it out.

Default Re: I dropped my Galaxy S4 in the Pool - Cracling Noise from the Speakers?

Hi, yes, the sound was working fine for about 2 hours, then I turned the phone off so I could do something else, The phone was next to me, and I heard this really load noise (I thought the battery was going to blow up) It was the speaker on the back making loud noises. No though, the water has gotten under the glass and broken inside I can see bubbles under the glass and its making the touchscreen unresponsive

I dropped my Galaxy S4 in the Pool - Cracling Noise from the Speakers?-l.png
    After taking it out the rice, it slipped onto the tile floor about 4 foot. i can live with a few this cracks, but the touch screen doesnt work either, that's awful... I have insurance, but don't have any excess money at the moment, if I replace the screen myself, will they find out I fixed it? My brother did the same for his iPhone 5s and it looks brand new...