Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Swiftkey lag on S4?

I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else but my typing lags incredibly on my S4 when it is plugged in and charging. Never noticed this happening on any of my past phones and I can't pin point it to anything else except for the fact that it's charging.

If I unplug it from the charger, I can resume typing normally (which is usually very fast and guestimate-ish). Otherwise if I type at what would be my usual rate when it is plugged in, it will skip over a bunch of letters or predict something totally random from a combination of every third or forth key that I pressed. I notice that if I type super slowly the problem isn't so bad.

I've got the latest update available for my S4 and for Swiftkey!

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Swiftkey lag on S4?

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I'm not sure if this happens to anyone else but my typing lags incredibly on my S4 when it is plugged in and charging. Never noticed this happening on any of my past phones and I can't pin point it to anything else except for the fact that it's charging.

If I unplug it from the charger, I can resume typing normally (which is usually very fast and guestimate-ish). Otherwise if I type at what would be my usual rate when it is plugged in, it will skip over a bunch of letters or predict something totally random from a combination of every third or forth key that I pressed. I notice that if I type super slowly the problem isn't so bad.

I've got the latest update available for my S4 and for Swiftkey!
    Go to System Settings > Applications > Swiftkey and clear the cache. See if that helps. If it doesn't, hopefully it's something related to the update which can be easily patched in the next update(s) of Swiftkey.

I notice no lag or slowness with my N5, so it could be device specific.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I'm having lag issues too on my Note 3 but not when is pluged in. It Just lags but not always.

Try developer options and select animations it will be 1x but press it and then press 0.5x

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,674 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by B3t0 View Post
    I'm having lag issues too on my Note 3 but not when is pluged in. It Just lags but not always.
    I'm not having any problems with it on my Note 3, so it's not specific to the phone. It could, as Cyanod said, be related to screen animation - I always have mine at 0, no animation. Animation just slows things down. (Sorry, I'm left-brained.)

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I already have animation on. 05