Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 will not load past Samsung Galaxy S3 logo

Hi,
    I have an AT&T Galaxy S3 modelSGH-1747. A couple days ago it rebooted in the middle of a phone call. upon reloading it hung up on the AT&T logo. I removed and replaced the battery and rebooted the phone. Since then it will not boot past the Samsung Galaxy S3 logo. It just stops there. It also will not boot into recovery mode. It will boot into download mode, however, or at least gets to the screen with the Android Robot. I took it to an AT&T device support center where they tried 4 or times to flash it, but no luck. I also took it to a phone repair shop, but they didn't do anything to it, just told me it was dead. Is there anything at all I can do to recover my phone? It hasn't been dropped or wet or anything, it just rebooted in the middle of my call. I have been forced back to my old iPhone until November when I will be eligible for an upgrade. ANY HELP AT ALL WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks!

Default Re: Galaxy S3 will not load past Samsung Galaxy S3 logo

Welcome to Android Central! Did you actually replace the battery with a new one, or are you saying you took the battery out and put it back in again? Try a new battery if you haven't already.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Galaxy S3 will not load past Samsung Galaxy S3 logo

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you actually replace the battery with a new one, or are you saying you took the battery out and put it back in again? Try a new battery if you haven't already.
    B.Diddy I took the battery out and also swapped batteries with a friend that has an S3 that he has had for only a few months and it did the same thing. I have not tried a brand new battery however.
    Thanks for your suggestion