Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default motorola atrix hd wifi turning off

my Motorola atrix hd wifi keeps turning itself off and disconnecting from the router when ever it feels like it I have done everything to try to fix the issue I have gotten rid of at&t smart wifi and all other at&t apps and still keeps doing it at&t tech support are no help trying to tell me its the router when it has worked fine with the same router for the last six months at home and it still turns off and on when im using an at&t hot spot is there anything I can do about this aside from the obvious (smash the thing and get a new phone) ???

Default Re: motorola atrix hd wifi turning off

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Setting>Wi-Fi, tap the Menu button and then select Advanced, and see if there is an option for Avoid Weak Connections. If so, uncheck it. Also, if there is some kind of "Wi-Fi Optimization" setting, uncheck that too. Wi-Fi optimization is often more about saving battery than improving reception, so it might potentially impact the reception if it's turned on.