Which version of the Galaxy S4 should I buy to use with Straight Talk?

A

AC Question

I've been researching online for over 3 months on Amazon, Wallmart, and Ebay websites. I know that I want the Galaxy S4 that I plan on using with Straight Talk. The problem is I see multiple models such as the i1337, i9505, and i9500. I know that which ever model I choose, I will have to pay the full amount and have to make sure it is unlocked. I also see they offer "international versions". Is this ok? I live in USA so having an international phone is somewhat irrelevant right?
I bought a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (unlocked) from Amazon to use with Straight Talk last year, but unfortunately, it wasn't really unlocked. I even spent 25 dollars on a website that would provide me with an unlock code, and it partially unlocked the phone, letting me only use my T-Mobile sim card. It "rejected" my Straight Talk sim, so I inevitably had to send it back and got a full refund. Now I'm a bit weary when it comes to buying a phone online. Which model of the Galaxy S4 will I get the best results from and how is each model different? I would like to use the phone with AT&T towers and sim. Greatly appreciate any insight from you tech wizards. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for a late reply. I would see if either Straight Talk can tell you which one to get. Part of the issue would be making sure all the bands (for cell networks) match.

boydsc331

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
LOL straight talk customer service can barely figure out how to fix a problem with their own phones. I can imagine that phone call asking which version of s4 would work with straight talk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arnor