Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Which version of the Galaxy S4 should I buy to use with Straight Talk?

I've been researching online for over 3 months on Amazon, Wallmart, and Ebay websites. I know that I want the Galaxy S4 that I plan on using with Straight Talk. The problem is I see multiple models such as the i1337, i9505, and i9500. I know that which ever model I choose, I will have to pay the full amount and have to make sure it is unlocked. I also see they offer "international versions". Is this ok? I live in USA so having an international phone is somewhat irrelevant right?
    I bought a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (unlocked) from Amazon to use with Straight Talk last year, but unfortunately, it wasn't really unlocked. I even spent 25 dollars on a website that would provide me with an unlock code, and it partially unlocked the phone, letting me only use my T-Mobile sim card. It "rejected" my Straight Talk sim, so I inevitably had to send it back and got a full refund. Now I'm a bit weary when it comes to buying a phone online. Which model of the Galaxy S4 will I get the best results from and how is each model different? I would like to use the phone with AT&T towers and sim. Greatly appreciate any insight from you tech wizards.

Global Posts
    31,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Which version of the Galaxy S4 should I buy to use with Straight Talk?

Sorry for a late reply. I would see if either Straight Talk can tell you which one to get. Part of the issue would be making sure all the bands (for cell networks) match.

Default Re: Which version of the Galaxy S4 should I buy to use with Straight Talk?

LOL straight talk customer service can barely figure out how to fix a problem with their own phones. I can imagine that phone call asking which version of s4 would work with straight talk

Google it

Quote Originally Posted by ellisroy View Post
    Google it
    Just a friendly reminder:

Telling someone to "Search" - Do not reply to a question by telling someone to do a search. Kindly suggest a search link, answer their question, or feel free not to respond.

Why not just buy the straight talk S4 ? I believe they're on the Walmart website or in Walmart as well. They're pretty expensive though

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 