Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry "Navigate home" and "Navigate to work" not working

This stopped working for me a few weeks ago, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why. I've gone as far as clearing the cache and data for both the Google Maps and Google apps, but still nothing. I've also cleared and reentered my home and work addresses, but whenever I try these commands I just get a Google search instead of the actual navigation like I used to. Saying, "Navigate to [full address]" works just fine though. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and if so, how can it be fixed?

Galaxy S4
    KitKat
    Verizon

Default Re: "Navigate home" and "Navigate to work" not working

Hey there!
    I just updated Samsung apps (S-voice in particular) and suddenly had the same problem with "navigate home." I then remembered that before the update that I had S-voice turned off before the update. If you go into settings, applications, all, tap on S-voice, then turn it off....it may ask you if you want to uninstall the update and I had to say yes in order to continue.... Once S-voice was turned off, Google search/navigate home worked again!

I think in S-voice a some point I entered my home address so it would navigate me there if needed, but I'm thinking that's where the conflict between Google Now and S-voice took place... good luck & let me know if that works!

Dave
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by davemerk68 View Post
    Hey there!
    I just updated Samsung apps (S-voice in particular) and suddenly had the same problem with "navigate home." I then remembered that before the update that I had S-voice turned off before the update. If you go into settings, applications, all, tap on S-voice, then turn it off....it may ask you if you want to uninstall the update and I had to say yes in order to continue.... Once S-voice was turned off, Google search/navigate home worked again!

I think in S-voice a some point I entered my home address so it would navigate me there if needed, but I'm thinking that's where the conflict between Google Now and S-voice took place... good luck & let me know if that works!

Dave
    Unfortunately I have already had S Voice turned off for months now, which includes a time when this wasn't a problem. Just to eliminate all possible variables though, I re-enabled S Voice, removed my home address from it, disabled S Voice once again, and then tried. Still nothing. Thank you for the suggestion, but sadly I'm still stuck.

Hello again!

Well, I'm not sure what happened but "navigate to home" just stopped working again. Navigate to work is functioning just fine.I'm at a loss as to what may be causing the "navigate home"to stop working. I'm hoping Google can fix this, whatever the cause may be. Have you found any fixes for this yet?

This happened to me today, and all I did was sign out of Google Now and sign back in again then it all works again